One Week Old
Payton 4 pounds 5 ounces
McKinley 3 pounds 14 ounces
The girls are one week old today!! I cannot believe that it has already been a week. This morning their bilirubin levels were low enough for them to be taken off the lights. This also meant they get to wear clothes for the first time, what a great one week gift!!
We were told that I can not strictly breastfeed if I choose. I am so excited that I can now feed both girls on my own. It is such a great feeling knowing that they are getting the best that they can from me.
However, if we bottle feed then Payton's feeding was increased to 45 mL and McKinley increased to 35 mL. Their feeding is constantly being increased so that the girls will gain weight and we can go home!! We are hoping to be home by Easter which is about a week away. We are told that we should be home before Easter!!
In honor of the girls one week birthday my mom, sister, and sweet niece came to visit. Last time they were here the girls were still in the critical care NICU so no one was allowed to hold them. Now were are in the step down NICU and my mom was able to hold both girls. My sister also got to hold McKinley.
After the girls feeding we went out to eat. It was so nice to leave the hospital and have some good food!! However, we were constantly thinking about the girls and hurried back for their next feeding!
While we were out we bought the girls cupcakes to celebrate their first week of life.
Here is to many more weeks with our girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment