Sharing the News

One of the most exciting things so far has been telling our family and friends our news about the babies. We waited until we went to the doctor so that we could possibly have pictures to show off. Well, we were glad that we did because they got two surprises at once!

I found a poem for the grandmothers and great grandmothers and I put it in a frame.

I do not have a face to see,
Or put inside a frame.
I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
I don't yet have a name.
You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
Nor whisper in my ear.
It's still too soon to sing a song,
Or cuddle me so near.
But all will change come May,
That's when they say I'm due.
I'm your new grandson or granddaughter,
And I can't wait till I meet you.
All I ask between now and then,
Is your patience while I grow.
I promise I'll be worth the wait,
Because of all the love we'll know.
So what I have to give you now,
Is a wish to you from me.
I cannot wait to be a part
Of this wonderful family.




It took them a few lines to get when we were trying to tell them! They were so happy, there were tears of joy and screams of excitement. After they had calmed down from the excitement of a new grandchild we showed them the ultrasound picture. Both of our moms knew instantly that the picture was of 2 babies. Then the tears of joy and screams of excitement were back!

Lily Kate got a special onesie that said, "This little monkey...is going to be a BIG cousin!"


She got to wear it to church and tell everyone that she is going to be a cousin.


Our families are so excited and cannot wait for the babies to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment