November 7, 2011

I have finally completed my first sewing project. I started with just monogramming onesies and then decided to learn how to sew. I found a pattern for baby shoes and made a couple pair for the girls.
I am so happy with the way they turned out and they stay on the girls feet, unlike socks! I only had a few minor issues along the way, thankfully I had my Nana to call and she was able to walk me through it and explain the technical terms in the pattern.
One of my friends gave me these matching outfits at our gender reveal party last December. At the time I thought it would be forever before the girls were big enough to wear them and now they are too cute in these outfits, it is amazing how fast time goes!
A few nights ago Matt showed the girls their abacus that Mimi bought them and they were mesmerized by all the colored beads and just loved playing with it. Now, it has worked its way into our nightly routine, the girls get to play with it while they are waiting their turn for lotion and pj's. Tonight the girls are wearing pj's that belonged to their mom and aunt Adrienne. I am so glad my mom saved a few of our things so that my girls get to wear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment