September 2, 2011

Since the girls were born we have been swaddling them at both nap time and bedtime. Back when I was teaching my principal recommended the miracle blankets to swaddle. He said they worked great to swaddle and he was so right. The blanket has several flaps that fold over and keep the girls nice and tight all night. They sleep great in their swaddles.

However, I always knew there would come a day when the girls would be able to wiggle out of the swaddle. That day came today for McKinley. I heard her stirring around after nap time and went in to find her out of her swaddle. Not only was she out of her swaddle, she was on her belly. She loves to roll and be on her belly.

I was just so amazed that she had managed to flip over and escape the swaddle. She was not crying, she was just looking around. It looks like we have a tummy sleeper and I guess we will no longer swaddle her.

This sweet girl is not a little baby anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment