September 6, 2011

I am so happy with the schedule that we have with the girls. I followed the girls lead and fed them when they were hungry and they slept when they were tired. I am amazed that they have basically put themselves on a schedule.


Our day:
The girls wake up around 5:30 and we put them in our bed. They typically go back to sleep for 30 minutes to an hour.
Matt gets up around 6:30 to get ready for work. He leaves around 6:45 and I get the girls morning bottles ready.
They eat 4 ounces at 7:00 and we play until about 8:30, usually still in my bed.
McKinley usually gets tired first and will roll over and go to sleep. I lay with Payton until she falls asleep. They sleep until about 10:30.
When they wake up they have a 4 ounce bottle. After eating they play on the floor or in the jumper.
They will take a 30 - 45 minute nap around 12:00.
At 1:30 the girls will have a 4 ounce bottle. They will then go down for a 2 hour nap.
At 4:30 they will have another 4 ounce bottle.
Matt comes home around 5:30 and plays with them.
Sometimes they have another 30 - 45 minute nap around 6:30.
We feed them rice cereal at 7:30 then give them baths.
They have their last 4 ounce bottle after bathtime and then are in bed around 9:00. They are still waking up a few times at night for their paci.


It is amazing how much easier our day is with this schedule. I can actually get things done during the day.


I even have more time to sit in the floor and play with them.


I expect it will only get easier as they get bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment