Several months ago I decided that I needed something to do during the day. Ha! As if taking care of 2 babies, washing bottles, doing laundry, cleaning house...were not enough! I felt like I needed something for me that I could do and feel productive. I decided to buy a embroidery machine. I thought it would be a great way to create cute things for the girls...and ultimately save money because I wouldn't be buying monogrammed things, I would make them.
I thought, how hard can it be the machine does everything you just have to put fabric in and turn it on. WRONG!! It has turned out to be the most complicated thing I have done. I have absolutely no sewing experience...my mom had to teach me how to set the machine up and thread a needle! I don't think I have saved any money either. I don't know how many onesies and shirts I have had to throw away because the words are crooked, not centered, or I monogram the front of the shirt to the back! BUT I keep my head up and keep trying. After 3 months I am just starting to get the hang of the machine and can actually monogram straight and to where the shirt still goes over the girls head!

My latest project was game day onesies for the girls. To my surprise it was a lot easier than I expected...I guess I am getting a little better at it!

I think they are ready to cheer for the Hogs and see them beat Texas A&M!

We went over to our friends house to watch the game. The girls did so good! They played on the floor for the first half then had bottles and slept for the second half.

I was very nervous during the 4th quarter that the screams of excitement would wake the girls but they were champs and slept right through the noise.

Before we left we tried to get a picture of the 3 little girls. It is very hard to get 3 babies to stay sitting and not fall over, stop pulling each others bows, and look at the camera (too much for a baby to think about!). We did the best we could and still got some cute pictures!
I thought, how hard can it be the machine does everything you just have to put fabric in and turn it on. WRONG!! It has turned out to be the most complicated thing I have done. I have absolutely no sewing experience...my mom had to teach me how to set the machine up and thread a needle! I don't think I have saved any money either. I don't know how many onesies and shirts I have had to throw away because the words are crooked, not centered, or I monogram the front of the shirt to the back! BUT I keep my head up and keep trying. After 3 months I am just starting to get the hang of the machine and can actually monogram straight and to where the shirt still goes over the girls head!
My latest project was game day onesies for the girls. To my surprise it was a lot easier than I expected...I guess I am getting a little better at it!
I think they are ready to cheer for the Hogs and see them beat Texas A&M!
We went over to our friends house to watch the game. The girls did so good! They played on the floor for the first half then had bottles and slept for the second half.
I was very nervous during the 4th quarter that the screams of excitement would wake the girls but they were champs and slept right through the noise.
Before we left we tried to get a picture of the 3 little girls. It is very hard to get 3 babies to stay sitting and not fall over, stop pulling each others bows, and look at the camera (too much for a baby to think about!). We did the best we could and still got some cute pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment