September 15, 2011

Over the past week or so the girls have been waking up for their paci around 3:00. Usually McKinley wakes up at 3:00ish and then Payton around 4:00 and McKinley again around 5:00 and Payton is up for good around 6:00. We were excited in the beginning because the girls were sleeping from 8:30 to 3:00 straight. But now we are waking up every hour beginning at 3:00 and we are not too excited about it anymore! I had read in one of my baby books that the earlier the bedtime the better and longer the baby sleeps. I was not sold on the idea. I thought the earlier the bedtime the earlier the baby wakes in the morning and I did not want to be up for good at 4 am. But we had had enough of waking up at 3:00 we decided to try an earlier bedtime. Last night we started the bedtime routine at 6:30, cereal, bath, bottles and the girls were in bed by 7:30. Payton slept until 7 A.M.! We were so proud of her. McKinley developed a new trick and decided to flip to her belly and sleep face down. I was up throughout the night (I guess my internal clock is set to be up all night!) and saw her on the monitor face down. I would go in and turn her head to the side about every hour. The early bedtime was successful for one so hopefully over time McKinley will learn how to turn her head and they both will be sleeping until 7!

Tonight the weather was so nice that we took the girls outside while Matt was grilling. They enjoyed the weather and the change of scenery.

We are so glad that fall is here and it is cooling off!

No comments:

Post a Comment