September 20, 2011

It was a big day for the girls in the feeding department. We started solid food with just rice cereal in the evenings. After about 3 weeks of getting used to eating solids and eating from a spoon we decided to add a feeding. We started oatmeal in the morning and the girls loved it! They have recognized that when they are in the highchairs they get yummy food, so this morning they started smiling and kicking their feet when I put them in the highchair. The first bite of oatmeal they made a funny face but quickly warmed up to it and began opening their mouths, like two little birds.


We also decided it was time to add a vegetable to their rice cereal at night. I had read that avocado is a great first veggie. So, I bought an avocado, mashed it up and added a little formula to make it smooth.
They were not too excited about avocado after the first bite. Payton spit it back out and McKinley gagged! They were not excited at all about the second bite, again spitting it out and gagging! After a few bites they were still not too happy about this new food. I was a little disappointed, I had expected them to love it because I love guacamole and I thought it would taste a lot better than the pasty rice cereal.


They shared about 1/4 of an avocado and then enjoyed some rice cereal.


They made a big mess with their food. (Daddy fed Payton!)


I had also read that it could take a few days for them to warm up to the new food so hopefully they will enjoy avocado in a few days.


Eating is a very hard and tiring job, it put Payton right to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment