Ten Days Old
Payton 4 pounds 6 ounces
McKinley 13 pounds 15 ounces
The girls are doing great without iv fluids, oxygen or bilirubin lights...all we need is for them to gain weight so that we can go home! Each day the doctors express concern about the girls slow weight gain. This has become very stressful for me since I am nursing them. Matt and I always experience anxiety when we hear the nurse coming with the scale for the nightly weigh in. It seams like the girls, like many normal adults, fluctuate in weight. We have learned that losing even a few grams is cause for some concern and can even set us back getting to go home.
So, today the doctors decided to add a calorie supplement to the pumped breast milk. They also recommended more pumped bottle feedings because it will get more calories to the girls. Hopefully this will get more calories in them and they will gain weight.

Payton must have known has overwhelmed I was with the extra pumping and weight gain stress...she smiled at me this afternoon! That was all I needed to know that all of this is totally worth it!.
The calorie supplement is working!! Payton had gained 20 grams and McKinley gained 35 grams! We are so excited that they are gaining weight!
Payton 4 pounds 6 ounces
McKinley 13 pounds 15 ounces
The girls are doing great without iv fluids, oxygen or bilirubin lights...all we need is for them to gain weight so that we can go home! Each day the doctors express concern about the girls slow weight gain. This has become very stressful for me since I am nursing them. Matt and I always experience anxiety when we hear the nurse coming with the scale for the nightly weigh in. It seams like the girls, like many normal adults, fluctuate in weight. We have learned that losing even a few grams is cause for some concern and can even set us back getting to go home.
So, today the doctors decided to add a calorie supplement to the pumped breast milk. They also recommended more pumped bottle feedings because it will get more calories to the girls. Hopefully this will get more calories in them and they will gain weight.
Payton must have known has overwhelmed I was with the extra pumping and weight gain stress...she smiled at me this afternoon! That was all I needed to know that all of this is totally worth it!.
The calorie supplement is working!! Payton had gained 20 grams and McKinley gained 35 grams! We are so excited that they are gaining weight!
No comments:
Post a Comment