Our First Day Home
Last night the girls were up every 3 hours to eat and I pumped after each of their feedings so we got very little sleep. I am so glad that we went home for a full nights sleep the night before the girls came home.
Our first day at home my mom came down to help me with the girls and Matt headed to work. This afternoon we had our first outing with the girls.
We headed to the pediatrician for their new born checkup. He said that they looked great but wants us to come in next Monday for a weight check. He told us that gaining weight was our first priority.
Tonight was another big first...well third...for the girls. We had another big storm and tornado warning, this time we were at home!! The sirens went off so we threw a bunch of blankets into the bathtub and put the girls on top in their Boppy's.
The plan was that if a tornado was headed toward us we would put one of the girls mattresses on top of the bathtub. The sirens went off throughout the evening and the lights went out but luckily the tornado went north of us. Matt loves storms and I typically enjoy them but I was a nervous wreck. We were terrified because there were 2 little people that depended on us for safety!
It rained for a long time and our hill was flooded but we were all safe and sound!
Last night the girls were up every 3 hours to eat and I pumped after each of their feedings so we got very little sleep. I am so glad that we went home for a full nights sleep the night before the girls came home.
Our first day at home my mom came down to help me with the girls and Matt headed to work. This afternoon we had our first outing with the girls.
We headed to the pediatrician for their new born checkup. He said that they looked great but wants us to come in next Monday for a weight check. He told us that gaining weight was our first priority.
Tonight was another big first...well third...for the girls. We had another big storm and tornado warning, this time we were at home!! The sirens went off so we threw a bunch of blankets into the bathtub and put the girls on top in their Boppy's.
The plan was that if a tornado was headed toward us we would put one of the girls mattresses on top of the bathtub. The sirens went off throughout the evening and the lights went out but luckily the tornado went north of us. Matt loves storms and I typically enjoy them but I was a nervous wreck. We were terrified because there were 2 little people that depended on us for safety!
It rained for a long time and our hill was flooded but we were all safe and sound!
No comments:
Post a Comment