Three Weeks Old
Today we went for the girls weight check.
McKinley 4 pounds 11 ounces
Payton 4 pounds 13 ounces
I was very shocked that they had only gained a few ounces and that McKinley was only a couple ounces behind Payton. The nurse ws not happy with the girls weight...AT ALL. She got in my face and gave my a big lecture about feeding the girls. She told me that I needed to be formula feeding them more. She said that the most important thing is for them to gain weight and then I can worry about teaching them how to nurse. I felt horrible when I left, like I had been starving my children and not giving them what they needed. I don't want to stop nursing but want the girls to gain weight. The nurse wants to see them in a week so I guess I will do more formula feeding for a week then try to get them to nurse better. I hope the girls weigh more next week so I don't get the bad mother award 2 weeks in a row!
Today was another first for the girls. They were a little fussy this afternoon so we bundled them up and took them for a walk around the neighborhood. It worked like a charm they were both sleeping peacefully by the time we got back home!
They look so small in their stroller, I cannot believe that one day they will out grow it!
It has been so much fun having Matt home with us. He is getting used to this Daddy thing, learning each day and doing a great job!! We have really enjoyed our time with him.
Today we went for the girls weight check.
McKinley 4 pounds 11 ounces
Payton 4 pounds 13 ounces
I was very shocked that they had only gained a few ounces and that McKinley was only a couple ounces behind Payton. The nurse ws not happy with the girls weight...AT ALL. She got in my face and gave my a big lecture about feeding the girls. She told me that I needed to be formula feeding them more. She said that the most important thing is for them to gain weight and then I can worry about teaching them how to nurse. I felt horrible when I left, like I had been starving my children and not giving them what they needed. I don't want to stop nursing but want the girls to gain weight. The nurse wants to see them in a week so I guess I will do more formula feeding for a week then try to get them to nurse better. I hope the girls weigh more next week so I don't get the bad mother award 2 weeks in a row!
Today was another first for the girls. They were a little fussy this afternoon so we bundled them up and took them for a walk around the neighborhood. It worked like a charm they were both sleeping peacefully by the time we got back home!
They look so small in their stroller, I cannot believe that one day they will out grow it!
It has been so much fun having Matt home with us. He is getting used to this Daddy thing, learning each day and doing a great job!! We have really enjoyed our time with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment