June 16, 2011

It is finally that time...


a time that I have been waiting for for a very long time...


it took a lot of preparation...


...but we are finally taking our first road trip home!! Matt has a bachelor party in St. Louis so the girls and I are spending the weekend at home with my family. I have not been to "my home" since the first weekend in March.
I began packing for this weekend trip on Monday (we are leaving on Thursday)! Today I was still running around like crazy trying to get the last minute laundry done and bottles washed. While I was running around cleaning and packing the girls decided it would be a great day to be fussy. McKinley got to ride in the Moby wrap for the first time and loved it!!


She finally fell asleep after being carried around.




After several days of packing and 4 bags (just for the babies) we were finally ready to go.


I was very nervous about the car ride but it ended up being much better than we expected. We ended up stopping half way to eat and to let the girls eat.
Payton stared at me and her hanging toys the entire ride without fussing at all.

McKinley fussed on and off until she fell asleep, I think she is starting to hate being in her car seat.

Everyone back home is so excited that we are coming. Some of my family and friends will be meeting the girls for the first time and I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment